- Well protection from ARPD formation
- Fault-free operation of equipment and longer service life
- Fewer emergency repairs
- Reduced equipment downtime
- Better field performance [reduction of the heating energy costs by up to 50 % compared with the well heating solution based on a resistive heating cable]
- Quick installation
Learn more about GammaSwiss solutions for pipelines:
- Power supply and control system
- Special-purpose transformer
- Terminal box
- Flexible skin-heater placed inside the tubing
Stream Tracer™ uses a special SST Group’s proprietary skin-heater with output power varying along the length to reduce energy costs of the wellbore heating system by up to 50 % compared to systems based on conventional series-resistance cables.
A special heater cable is placed inside the tubing using the mobile system. Power is supplied to the skin-heater from the top end and a short-circuiting seal is installed at the bottom end.
Fluid temperature is maintained in the well at a level higher than the paraffin crystallization temperature, which prevents the formation of deposits.
To learn more about our electric heating technologies for oil & gas production, please visit www.stream-tracer.com
|Power supply voltage||Up to 1 kV|
|Linear power||50 W/m|
|Heater length||1.5 km*|
|Minimum installation temperature||−25 °С|
|Minimum bending radius||400 mm|
|Crushing force||Up to 12 kN (at a running speed of 0.25 m/sec)|
|Tensile force||Up to 28 kN|
|Chemical resistance to petroleum products||High|
* A heater 3 km long is under development.
SST Group has developed solutions based on electric heating cables to significantly improve the operational safety of machinery and equipment in harsh climatic conditions and provide protection against icing of aircraft infrastructure and ships.
- Prevention of icing of ship equipment at temperatures up to −60 °C
- Reliable operation of components and assemblies of aircrafts at low temperatures
- Uninterrupted operation of special equipment and fire systems
- Safe movement of personnel on the evacuation routes of the vessel
- Efficient and autonomous ice removal from helipads for safe landing and take-off of helicopters
- Heaters can be manufactured in different sizes and power outputs
- Our R&D-center designs custom-made solutions for your specific needs
SST Group develops various heating systems depending on the required task.
In shipbuilding, electric heating panels are used to prevent ice formation on helipads, steps, ramps and escape routes. The main objective of electric heating systems for helipads, decks and open areas is to maintain a positive temperature on surfaces in the region of +3 or +5 °C.
Systems based on series-resistance and self-regulating heating cables ensure the safety of airport visitors: they can be installed on the roofs of buildings, on ramps and pedestrian zones. Electric heating is also used to protect pipelines from freezing.
We also have solutions for heating runways and have developed heaters for Sukhoi Superjet (slat drive heater, luggage lock heater).
We provide solutions for heating industrial tanks & vessels. Their typical applications are drain vessels, water and fuel storage tanks of different geometric shapes, sizes, types and locations.
- Ensuring smooth & continuous technological processes
- Protection of tanks & vessels against freezing at low ambient temperatures
- Maintenance of technological temperatures of liquids in tanks and vessels
- Prevention of emergencies
- Automatically adjust heat output based on surface temperature — energy efficiency
- Can be used in explosion hazardous areas
- Section based on electric heating cables
- Power cable
- Junction box
- Power cable from the control cabinet
Heating of tanks & vessels is necessary to compensate heat losses occurring through its walls, supports, lid and base. The design capacity of tank heating system should be sufficient to compensate heat loss and maintain set temperature of the stored fluid. In 90 % of cases, a self-regulating cable is used, since it is resistant to overlaps and local overheating. We provide a full range of self-regulating cables and all the necessary components for its installation in hazardous and non-hazardous zones at oil & gas, chemical & petrochemical, pharmaceutical and other sites.
In chemically aggressive and corrosive environments with operating temperatures up to +800 ℃ metal outer jacket fiberglass-insulated cable MOIC-F is used.
Depending on the project, heating sections could be installed only in the lower part of the tank. In this case, the entire surface of the tank must be covered with thermal insulation. Each design is made individually.
For warming-up products stored in tanks, energy is required not only to compensate the heat loss, but also to heat the product itself. Therefore, it may be advisable to install industrial electric heaters inside the tank. SST Group is the exclusive distributor and authorized service provider of the Masterwatt Srl, Italy, within the Eurasian Customs Union.
Our de-icing & snow-melting systems based on series-resistance and self-regulating heating cables protect buildings and outdoor areas from ice and snow buildup. SST Group infrastructure de-icing systems are an energy-efficient solution to create safe urban space, extend service life of roofs and gutters and reduce roof and outdoor areas maintenance costs.
- Extended service life of infrastructure
- Reduced cost of repairs and maintenance
- Eliminated risk of injuries and fatal accidents due to slipping on ice / icicles falling
- Protection against property damage
- The system operates in an automatic mode
- The heating cable has a service life (depending on the cable type) of at least 20 years
- Heating cable
- Temperature sensor
- Working range control
- Electronic temperature controller
- Precipitation sensor — system activation
- Automatic heating on and off
Our electric heating system for infrastructure de-icing includes heating cable, control system, power distribution system (power supply), accessories and fasteners.
We offer a wide range of heating cables for different tasks. Series-resistance heating cable has constant resistance over the entire length. Self-regulating cable is the most popular solution for heating of roofs and gutters. A unique feature of the self-regulating cable is its ability to automatically adjust the thermal output depending on weather conditions. These cables are easily cut into sections of any length on site, which makes them convenient to use.
Control system includes specially designed regulators, as well as temperature, precipitation and water sensors. The control system allows to implement several algorithms for operating the electric heating system and takes into account the purpose of the system, weather conditions, operating conditions and specific customer requirements.
Energy distribution system supplies power to the heating sections and includes power cables, junction boxes, metal or plastic pipes and boxes for laying electric cables and signal wires. We use best-in-class materials that meet international standards.
Fastening system includes fasteners with various materials and shapes. They securely fix the cable, don’t break and don’t change their properties from temperature extremes.
All elements of the heating systems are mounted in an invisible way and don’t spoil the design of the construction.
|Maximum continuous operating temperature (trace heater energized)||+80 °С|
|Maximum continuous exposure temperature (trace heater de-energized)||+100 °С|
|Ambient temperature range||−60 … +55 °С|
|Minimum installation temperature||−30 °С|
|Minimum bending radius||25 mm|
Process equipment such as level gauge, safety valves, air cocks, filters, flanges, impulse lines need to be heated to ensure their normal year-round operation. Due to complexity of the form, the most common solution for such objects is a system based on self-regulating heating cables. However, depending on the project series-resistant cables could be applied. For zones with high temperatures, we recommend metal-jacket cables of MOIC series.
- Ensures uninterrupted operation of process equipment in a wide temperature range — up to 800 °C
- Automatically adjusts heat output based on surface temperature
- Can be used in explosion hazardous areas
- Easy to install
- Self-regulating cables can be cut to required length on site
- No complicated design calculations required
- Safety valve
- Fastening tape
- Heating section based on self-regulating heating cable
GammaSwiss provides the full range of self-regulating heating cables as well as ready-made design solutions for typical process equipment elements to simplify the installation.
The power of the heating section is set based on the calculation of heat loss, which is determined in the same way as the heat loss in pipelines. In some cases, modeling of thermal fields may be required, especially in cases where the level gauge window does not have thermal insulation.
Our self-regulating heating cables are used for freeze protection of process equipment in non-hazardous and ex-hazardous areas. The power output adjusts automatically in response to the ambient temperature.
Due to its self-regulating characteristics it will not overheat even when the cable is overlapped. This guarantees maximum safety and reliability. Installation of self-regulating heating cable is quick and simple and requires no special skills or tools.
We have all the technical capabilities to design electric heat tracing systems for subsea pipelines. Electric heating allows maintaining the temperature inside the pipeline above the temperature of paraffin or gas hydrates formation, ensuring uninterrupted flow of the substance, be it oil, gas or petrochemicals, in the subsea pipeline.
- 100 % fault-free subsea operation due to the hermetically sealed heating element
- Heating of long and extra long subsea pipelines with power supply from one of the pipeline terminations
- Low construction and installation costs
- Automatic maintenance of the set temperature
SST Group offers two solutions for subsea pipeline heat tracing: UW Skin Tracing Solution and UW Very Long Line Solution.
UW Skin Tracing Solution is based on the skin-effect for heating of wells and subsea pipelines that stretch up to 60 km from a single power source. Skin-effect arises in conductors as a result of the alternate current’s electromagnetic action. Skin-effect-based electric heating systems by SST Group use unique flexible induction-resistive heating element. Electric heating systems based on a flexible skin-effect heating element are energy-efficient.
UW Very Long Line is a heat tracing solution for very long pipelines up to 150 km long that uses series-resistance cables VLL-A (aluminum core) and VLL-C (copper core). Cable cross sections are sized depending on the required power output and heated pipeline length. In pre-insulated pipelines, the cables are placed into conduits on the pipe under the thermal insulation layer. Cables are connected with a sealed coupling.
|UW Skin Tracing Solution||UW Very Long Line Solution|
|Maximum heated pipeline length||60 km without auxiliary network||150 km without auxiliary network|
|Maximum continuous operating temperature (trace heater energized)||+240 °С||Up to +200 °С|
|Ambient temperature range||−60…+70°С||−60…+55 °С|
|Maximum power output||170 W/m||30 W/m|
Electric heating systems are used to maintain the required technological parameters of the transported liquid in almost all climatic zones of the planet. One of the most significant objects that requires electric heating systems in order to ensure smooth operation is offshore oil production platforms.
- Approved for explosive areas
- Electrical safety
- High mechanical strength
- Resistance to corrosion
- Can be used in marine environments and temperatures up to 800 ℃
- Production of all system components
- Engineering and manufacturing of customized solutions
Нeating of pipelines оn offshore platforms is necessary on ship-wide systems, drilling and household complexes, fire-extinguishing systems, fuel and oil systems, equipment, fuel tanks, reservoirs, helicopter and landing sites, and the well itself.
The main requirements for materials and equipment used in the offshore platforms are their explosion-proof and high corrosive-resistance characteristics. That is why we recommend using heating cables with a fluoropolymer outer jacket. To avoid negative effects of hydrogen sulfide on the terminal connections, sealed terminal boxes and special cable entries are used. Detachable explosion-proof and sealed connectors are suitable for connecting block modules.
We provide special heaters for de-icing of helipads. These heating plates could be produced in any size according to the customer’s requirements.
SST Group has extensive experience in project management, engineering and construction of the systems mentioned above. All elements of the systems are produced by the company and according to the individual requirements of your project.